[gNewSense-users] why package X is not put into the supported base

From: Paul O'Malley
Subject: [gNewSense-users] why package X is not put into the supported base
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:04:18 +0100

Package X is not in our immediate upstream.

As for something being in Debian SID, more than likely that will get to
here from Ubuntu at some stage in the future.

We will not introduce things that need maintenance.

IF you want to put it in AND it is in the repos

sudo apt-get install package X

We don't randomly stick stuff in that is not in upstream as that costs
time to manage.

We did it with three items and that was all, that in itself is a cost we
could cover in terms of time etc.

IF the tasks that I spelt out in the "review" were tackled, THEN we
might actually be able to move forward.

Brian has done a huge amount of work for this project, so if you want to
get to the point where these deltas can be made for reasons other than
Free Software reasons make the things in the review mail go away.

All very well looking at the current Ubuntu release and doing work on
that, which you should publish if you do. If you want to help gNewSense
then please assist us with work on our outstanding task list.

Regards,

Paul