[gNewSense-users] desperate for a gNewSense wifi card with WPA - if you

From: andrei raevsky
Subject: [gNewSense-users] desperate for a gNewSense wifi card with WPA - if you know of one, please let me know!
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:54:32 -0400

Dear friends,

First, let me apologize for not having followed the mailing list on that issue, at least for a while.  I am becoming desperate for a wifi card for my gNewSense computers.  Ideally, I would want one which works via USB, but any other solution would do provided the #^$^*!!!! card works.  I have tried two cards so far, the Linksys WUSB54G version 4 and the Linksys WUSB54C .  I tried  directly, and then I tried with ndiswrapper.  All I did was freeze the computer, badly.  It gave me 'hda1 not found' and 'segmentation fault' messages *after* reboot.  I had to use a live-CD to boot up with once, and then re-boot on the original hda1 to get the computers back up.

I am willing to put some money down, but I know really need a gNewSense compatible wifi card.  Any suggestions?

Also - my wifi is secured with WPA.  What is the utility to configure WPA encryption with gNewSense?  I see the WEP option, but I see no WPA option in the security combo box in the network config application.

Any help would be very, very much appreciated!!

Cheers,

Andrei