Re: [gNewSense-users] GFDL

From: Paul O'Malley
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] GFDL
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 19:03:49 +0100

Tryggvi Björgvinsson wrote:

I have finished verifying packages in a. I have a question regarding the
GNU Free Documentation License. Debian does not consider the GFDL free
in the following copyright notice:

IANAL however I have a strong opinion on this

with no Invariant Sections

this method got debian approval iirc

that is key to your choice - if the word no was not there we would have a problem

so if it said invariant sections we would have a problem

this is a bit like the BSD licences that said you have the right to make invariant versions but we give it to you with no invariant sections

P.