Re: [gNewSense-users] please help deciphering license

From: Kevin Dean
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] please help deciphering license
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:21:46 -0400

Hey Peter,

This is a BSD license. The license's use of "without fee" means "These
rights are given to you without paying"; it does not mean that you may
not charge for the software.

The software written here was commissioned by the United States
Government (as mentioned in the disclaimer) and to the best of my
understanding all US Gov. works are given to the public for Free use -
most things are simply entered into the public domains.

I did a quick google search on the specific wording in this license
and parts of QT also include this. It it, without doubt, Free
Software.

-Kevin Dean