Re: [gNewSense-users] Weekly stats update.

From: Kevin Dean
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Weekly stats update.
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:01:16 -0500

I'm not sure if this is ineffeciency or what, but I am SURE that we
closed bug 103 (http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00103)... While the
content of the bug is valid, it's totally irrelevant since the
packages Debian brought up aren't in Dapper or gNewSense. All packages
included in Dapper and gNewSense with "xf86" in them are Free
Software, and I don't believe a SINGLE package in gNewSense uses the
SGI Free License B.

chris_debian logged a comment in September that Dapper uses Xorg, not Xfree86.

The only package containing xfree86 is the synaptic input driver,
which is licensed under GNU GPL v2, the remaining packages were
dropped since we don't import multiverse.

This bug should be closed. :P

-Kevin Dean