[gNewSense-users] Stats reminder and welcome.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Stats reminder and welcome.
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:57:09 +0000

Hi, everybody.

Just a reminder that I'll be doing the stats report tomorrow night.  I
know that we have had a little bit of activity, but any more work you
can do would be great.

Jay Clayton (http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Profiles/Jsc) has joined our
merry group, and is making a contribution, as we speak.  Brilliant
effort, Jay!

Jay, if you need any help, just email the list, or come to me directly
if you think you need to.

You may recall that Markus wrote the excellent Perl script that enable
us to see the state of play with package adoption, etc.  Markus has
been running the report on a Saturday, and I do it whenever I think
it's useful.

Markus is heavily involved with another project, and although he still
supports gNS, he won't be able to do any scripting for us, for some
time.

Markus, thanks for your great efforts, and I hope the project you are
working on, goes well.

Hopefully everyone understands that they can update the figures at any
time, using this script:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/MarkusPFVScript

Markus has even made sure that the output is in wiki format (good
thinking).  This means that you can run the report at anytime and just
copy and paste the output onto the PACKAGES page.  Can I encourage
anyone to do this, should they get a moment.  If it is your first
time, you may want to copy the PACKAGES page into an editor, just
in-case you screw it up....good old back-ups!

Keep-up the good work everyone.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/