[gNewSense-users] Weekly Bug and Freedom Verification statistics.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Weekly Bug and Freedom Verification statistics.
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:23:53 +0000

Hi, everybody.

It's that time, again. The week went something a little like this:

0. Bugs:

Bug page: http://bugs.gnewsense.org/
Bug stats: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

27 bugs.

No change, I think we've all been busy, and Brian deserves some non-bug time :-)

1.  Package Freedom stats:

PFV page: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/PackagesInMain
PFV stats: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

We have 106 100% free package sections, which is 1 more than last
week.  We've almost completed MAIN, let's try for a final push!  it
would have been a very quiet week, if it wasn't for Lee's efforts.

We have 6 sections that need completing.  Can anyone help?

If you want to use Markus' script, to update the stats, look here:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/MarkusPFVScript

Any one can (and should) use it.

2.  Report on Suspected non-free table:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/SuspectedNonFree

3.  Looking at some PFV checking of the kernel (KFV), I still need
some volunteers. If you think you may be interested, can you please
email me directly, at the usual place.  This work is almost ready to
go, but will not be started until Packages/ MAIN is completely checked
(which will be soon).

I need someone to help write a guide to Kernel checking.  This will be
almost exactly the same as the PFV work, but will need a quick point
about downloading the kernel.  Can anyone (please) help?  Shouldn't
take much time or effort.

Remember, that Brian is aiming to get the next gNS release out of the
door within 24 hours of Hardy being released.  The new and improved
gNS is bound to be very popular, so why not help out now, and be part
of something big?

4.  It's been a productive week, with notable contributions on Bugs,
PFV and language stuff from Lee, Karl, Pitof and Guido.  Thanks, guys!

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/