[gNewSense-users] Comments on New Logo

From: Brian Kemp
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Comments on New Logo
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:24:20 -0500

I liked the "jarring" effect of the login screen. It told me
instantaneously where my attention needed to be.
(Well, once.)

The second form...it's harder to figure out.

Look at the Gutsy login screen (default gdm). It's very clear you
should be looking at the username prompt as it's in the center of the
screen.

There are other options on the side, but when you first look at the
screen, you know exactly what is being asked of you.

Try changing the color a bit to make it stand out, but not so much
that you can't pay attention to anything else.

#2: The gradient is distracting as the colors on the endpoints are
very different. Try lowering the contrast there maybe?

Don't let this criticism get you discouraged--this is shaping up well,
and we appreciate your effort.  Keep up the good work!  :)