Re: [gNewSense-users] using 'gobuntu' tag on bugs.

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] using 'gobuntu' tag on bugs.
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:09:51 +1030

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 17:34 +0000, Chris Andrew wrote:
> Karl,
>
> Nothing whatsoever against Gobuntu, but why not just file the bugs
> with the related package maintainer?

package maintainer being...? the person who looks after it in debian?
the kernel BTS? something else...? not sure i understand :)

> I found some guidelines here for reporting kernel bugs:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/reporting-bugs.html

I probably wasnt very clear on my first mail (it was a bit addled):

My idea was to use the gobuntu tag for any bugs filed in launchpad that
affected freedom - eg ones that affect gobuntu (and gnewsense).
The bugs could be about the kernel, xorg, packages, about anything
really.

> Isn't Launchpad non-free?

yes it is.
I wasnt meaning to suggest all gNS folks should get launchpad accounts,
just to let both lists know incase they were planning to file bugs.
kk