Re: [gNewSense-users] deltad support come deltah

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] deltad support come deltah
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 07:58:59 +0000

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 22:36 +0000, Brian Brazil wrote:
> The Ubuntu Hardy release is coming soon, and soon after the release of
> gNewSense 2.0 - deltah. This means that among other things we have to
> decide what to do about deltad. My inclination is to drop it on the
> floor once deltah is ready (if not sooner). Builder does not currently
> support multiple releases, and as we're currently a desktop-only
> distro, the extra 2 years of server LTS for Dapper aren't much use to
> anyone. The livecds for deltad would remain available, although it
> doesn't look as though we'll have disk space to keep the deltad
> archives around.

how functional is it to remove the main block of the repositories
( deltad, deltad-backports, deltad-updates) and keep deltad-security on
the mirror still?

It would be nice if we could keep -security (and perhaps -updates)
building for deltad, even if we stop offically supporting it.

That'd require some hacks to builder, as you still need some multiple release support.
If someone can get it working, I'll use it.

Brian