Re: [gNewSense-users] More sections completed

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] More sections completed
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:25:59 +0100

Nice work.

I'd like to make a small remark. gNewSense has to deal a lot with licenses. If there is a problem with the license of a particular file, the copyright holder(s) has to contacted to clarify matters. So it's important to know who the copyright holder is.

Now, it might not matter much for these scripts, as they are rather specific to gNewSense. But saying that the copyright is owned by the gNewSense community seems a little vague. Does that mean that anyone who is part of the community (and who is that exactly) can make decisions about the copyright or does the community as a whole have to decide?

As far as I know nobody else has really worked on this, so I say: credit where credit's due and just put your own name in there. No need to be shy about it. :) And it's a lot more obvious too.

Regards,

Samgee

Christophe Jarry wrote:
Hi everybody,

I send you the final version of the script KFV_SummaryTable, which updates the main table at http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Image, and now can manage the non-free reported column.

I've updated the links in the table to the linux-2-6-24-12-22 version, as we should use this version for checking now. So, Bake will find his section 'virtio' now.

I've also partially updated the page http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/DocumentingYourWorkKernel. I hope I could update it completely before tomorrow.

Christophe