Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense group in launchpad

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense group in launchpad
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:20:02 +0000

The point I seem to be confused about, is that any distro is just a
collection of packages.  These packages are all maintained by
different people, not Ubuntu, Redhat, or whichever organisation.  If
we report the bug to the package maintainer, then surely it benefits
all GNU/Linux users, not just a specific distro.

I seem to have made this wrong assumption before, so I'll shut-up, now.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/