[gNewSense-users] KFV Licensing flow

From: Luis Alberto Guzmán García
Subject: [gNewSense-users] KFV Licensing flow
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 07:37:39 -0600

Well, i think that most ideas take us to make a fine KFV flow, so we can
decide to know what to do in any case we find.

Upgrading the kfv.el is a good idea and it will work well but i have no
experience working on Emacs (not even using it). :(

I'll write a draft, improving the past table flow.
When i have it ready i'll show it to you, and we can add or move
whatever we thinks is better.

Right now i found this at
linux-2-6-24-12-22/drivers/net/appletalk/cops_ffdrv.h

/*
 *      The firmware this driver downloads into the Localtalk card is a
 *      separate program and is not GPL'd source code, even though the Linux
 *      side driver and the routine that loads this data into the card are.
 *
 *      It is taken from the COPS SDK and is under the following license
 *
 *      This material is licensed to you strictly for use in conjunction with
 *      the use of COPS LocalTalk adapters.
 *      There is no charge for this SDK. And no waranty express or implied
 *      about its fitness for any purpose. However, we will cheerefully
 *      refund every penny you paid for this SDK...
 *      Regards,
 *
 *      Thomas F. Divine
 *      Chief Scientist
 */

/*      cops_ffdrv.h: LocalTalk driver firmware dump for Linux.
 *
 *      Authors:
 *      - Jay Schulist <address@hidden>
 */

Opinions?
The driver work together this firmware, but is *seems* not free.
--
Luis A. Guzmán García
Colaborador/Usuario gNewSense