[gNewSense-users] KFV firmware freedom check

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: [gNewSense-users] KFV firmware freedom check
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 10:12:54 +0800

I'm on my way to check for the freedom of the drivers found by the
find-firmware script of Brian (I still don't know how to use the BLAG's
script at
http://svn.gnewsense.svnhopper.net/gnewsense/builder/trunk/firmware/deblob-2.6.24.4.1,
if someone could help me, thanks in advance!). Here is what I've checked
for now:

free           Documentation/spi/spidev_test.c

free           arch/alpha/lib/fls.c

no  line 703   arch/powerpc/oprofile/op_model_cell.c : line 703 is
followed by a "/* precomputed table of 24 bit LFSR values */"

no  line   4
arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/spufs/spu_restore_dump.h_shipped : lines 3-4
says "* Hex-dump auto generated from spu_restore.c.
* Do not edit!"

no  line   4   arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/spufs/spu_save_dump.h_shipped
: lines 3-4 says "* Hex-dump auto generated from spu_save.c.
* Do not edit!"

free           arch/powerpc/sysdev/cpm2_pic.c

free           arch/powerpc/sysdev/micropatch.c

free           arch/x86/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/longhaul.h

free           crypto/camellia.c

free           crypto/des_generic.c

free           crypto/seed.c

free           crypto/twofish_common.c

free           lib/bitrev.c

free           lib/crc-itu-t.c

free           lib/crc7.c

no?  line   5  lib/zlib_inflate/inffixed.h : Lines 1-5 says "    /*
inffixed.h -- table for decoding fixed codes
    * Generated automatically by makefixed().
    */

   /* WARNING: this file should *not* be used by applications. It
      is part of the implementation of the compression library and
      is subject to change. Applications should only use zlib.h.
    */
"

free           net/mac80211/tkip.c

free           sound/aoa/codecs/snd-aoa-codec-tas-basstreble.h

free           sound/i2c/other/ak4xxx-adda.c

free           sound/isa/wavefront/yss225.c

free           sound/soc/codecs/wm8753.c

If you disagree concerning one or more files status, please tell me,

Christophe