[gNewSense-users] Bug 00161 - Show Panel Lists Third Party [FIX]

From: Kevin Dean
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Bug 00161 - Show Panel Lists Third Party [FIX]
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 16:46:48 -0400

I've taken a crack at removing the references to "Third Party" and
"Open Source only" applications from the Add/Remove applet. I've
scaled this down to "Show all" and "Show installed" which is pretty
simple. I've also removed reference to Canonical and Ubuntu in a few
places, including the first dialogue that pops up as the app loads.

You can find an installable .deb file at
http://monochromementality.com/data/files/dotDebs/gNewSense/deltah/gnome-app-install/gnome-app-install_0.5.2.7-0ubuntu1-0gnewsense1_all.deb

to install it, download it and issue the command:

sudo dpkg -i gnome-app-install_0.5.2.7-0ubuntu1-0gnewsense1_all.deb

It will simply upgrade your existing version, no additional package
need be installed.

The source tarball, if interested, can be found
http://monochromementality.com/data/files/dotDebs/gNewSense/deltah/gnome-app-install/gnome-app-install_0.5.2.7.orig.tar.gz

-Kevin Dean