Re: [gNewSense-users] Sugestion on Website

From: Benjamin Webb
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Sugestion on Website
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:54:51 +0100

>  While the purpose of gNewSense is to provide a completely free operating
> system, it is not the goal to explain in details the philosophy of free
> software. As such, I recommend linking GNU and FSF articles to provide a
> brief explanation of what free software is about. RMS's writings are more
> than sufficient and easy enough to read for even beginners to the free world.

Yes, it makes sense to provide links to places that already expalin
the issues. However, some of the GNU and FSF texts may go over some of
the newer people's heads. I would suggest a site, that is currently in
development, called getFreedomware.org Although this site is not up
yet, it will be very similiar to http://www.softwareliberty.com/. I'll
probably post to this list again when the site is actually up and
running.