[gNewSense-users] Re: RFC: New gnewsense mailing lists?

From: Daniel Clark
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:22:28 -0500

Karl Goetz wrote:
> My only comment here is the observation that gmane/gateways tend to
> break threads, and cause lots of badly formatted mail to lists (both in
> the 'top posting' sense, and the 'html garbage').

My personal experience is that they are actually really good at
maintaining threads (esp. for the case where it would otherwise be
really difficult - eg if a person wasn't subscribed to the list at the
time the message they want to reply to was posted), and html garbage is
a function of how the end-user has his news reader set up, not the
service itself. Of course YMMV :-)

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny