Re: [gNewSense-users] GLX now free?

From: Tor at Shared Genius
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] GLX now free?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:38:35 -1000

Luis Alberto wrote:
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Matthew Flaschen <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Jorge Benavides Escobillana wrote:
    > It looks like GLX is now fully free:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/6765/comments/33

    That's great to hear.  Everyone involved in making this happen
    deserves
    a congratulations.

    Matt Flaschen

I agree that's great news, i find it awesome :)
Congrats to the Free Software community on this big step.

Cheers everyone!!
Congrats to all who made this happen. Does this mean that the changes are soon enough to show up in deltaH 2.2, or will actual distribution have to start with 2.3 after the next xorg update? From my reading, this may be more a question of when the /current/ xorg came into Hardy/DeltaH. If I am reading this correctly this may be an issue (xserver-xorg-core seems to be 2:1.4.2~git20080121-1ubuntu9.2gnewsense2), which looks to be from Jan 08, however the other version has the same git date (change is ubuntu9 to ubuntu9.2). It seems like there was an xorg update more recently than that though. Any more info on this?

Tor