Re: [gNewSense-users] GNOME screen resolution

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] GNOME screen resolution
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:23:12 +0100

Enrique Vetere wrote:
The solution was to install the the virtualbox's linux guest additions -
VBoxLinuxAdditions (which installs drivers).
To install that I followed the VirtualBox manual at p60.
Before that, I installed linux-headers and kbuild packages from Synaptic.
After a reboot, the resolution is managed simply resizing the VBox window.
Thanks
Enjoy

Before I made that suggestion I looked for the license on those additions. The iso that Virtualbox downloads didn't seem to have a license file so I browsed the svn repository a bit. I think I found the source files from which the additions are built [1] and they are GPLv2. If that really is the license then I wonder why they aren't in the Debian/Ubuntu repositories. Anyway, I hope I haven't encouraged you to install non-free software.

[1] http://www.virtualbox.org/browser/trunk/src/VBox/Additions/linux

Regards,

Sam Geeraerts