[gNewSense-users] Hi! And a suggestion for a new translation

From: Yann Kiraly
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Hi! And a suggestion for a new translation
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 10:25:51 +0100

Hi! I installed gNewSense yesterday and really love it! Currently, everything
works fine for me but 3D and my Intel WLAN card, even though the 3D problem
should be fixable of course as they changed the license. I'm buying a USB WLAN
adapter to deal with the other problem. I'm running gNewSense on a Thinkpad
x300. With the new 2.6.28 libre kernel, even sound works right out of the box.
Now, I have one question and one suggestion to make:
Since we know now that GLX is free software, wouldn't it be trivial to add it
back to the repositories? I mean, I have no experience managing software
repositories, but shouldn't it be doable? Of course, if someone told me how, I
would help.
I would also like to ask if there really is no German translation yet and if
so, how I could start one. I am half German half American and have translated a
few texts to earn some money in the past. I would love to contribute to the
project.