Re: [gNewSense-users] flash player

From: schoappied
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] flash player
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:38:36 +0100

Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:

schoappied ha scritto:
hi,

Just installed gnewsense, looks good!

But what about flash? Wasn't gnash an Free solution for it?
Can't find it in gnewsense :/ !?

You can install gnash 0.8.2 via Add/Remove programs but it will not play
well because it is an old version.
Why can't I find it in the terminal using aptitude?

Instead I suggest you to install the newer version gnash 0.8.4.
The easiest way to do this is to download the deb packages:

http://www.getgnash.org/packages/releases/ubuntu/hardy/

Thanks. Wouldn't it be better to include that version in gnewsense? Such an old version could make people walk away after trying gnewsense imo.

\r