Re: [gNewSense-users] flash player

From: Ali Gunduz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] flash player
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:24:36 -0400

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Tor at Shared Genius
<address@hidden> wrote:
> This installs an old swfdec, which has many of the same problems as the
> stock gnash.  I haven't played much with either myself, although at some
> point I will, as my cpu usage gets way out of hand.

A trick with swfdec is, if it recognizes the video and starts loading
it, you can just pause it with the right-click menu, open "properties"
and save the video file (mostly either .flv or .mp4) to your local
directory.

Although it may not be the most convenient solution, it's a solution
(especially for non-youtube video sites) nonetheless.

Also, searching the page source code for flv or mp4 file url's is
always an option :-)

Ali