Re: [gNewSense-users] Replacing the internal WiFi of an Acer TravelMate

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Replacing the internal WiFi of an Acer TravelMate 4672
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:35:33 +0200

Frode Severin Hatlevik schreef:
I want to replace the internal card. It is easily acessible, and the
antenna cables have nice connectors and it _looks_ easy to replace.

Can anyone give me a good recommendation on which card to buy? I think
the card is a MiniPCIExpress, but how do I verify this? Is it a good
idea to go for a card with a/b/g/N support? I do hav a N capable
Linksys router.

;)Frode

Wikipedia has a picture of a MiniPCIExpress card [1]. Compare it with that if you have a clear view of it. The usual place for hardware that plays nice is the FSF's hardware database, more specifically for you the wireless section [2].

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MiniPCI_and_MiniPCI_Express_cards.jpg
[2] http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/net/wireless/cards.html