Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: How can I download Skype?

From: Patrick DeBoard
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: How can I download Skype?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:55:25 -0400

In Ekiga, choose the menu Tools -> PC-to-Phone Account.

 Now THAT I understand.

Then in the window you have a few links to click on. Click on the
first called "Get an Ekiga PC-To-Phone account", it will take you to
https://www.diamondcard.us/exec/voip-login?act=sgn&spo=ekiga (the page
with payment options)

Got it.  It will take me a couple weeks to get to my next check... Skype was $60 for a number for the year, with a $30 instant rebate, making the phone # cost $30.  Ekiga/Diamond # costs $72 for a year, and there's a 1.6 cent per min long distance charge.   Skype charges $2.95 a month for its USA/Canada package which includes unlimited LD calling in the 2 countries.  It appears Ekiga/Diamond is slightly more expensive, but it leaves my computer free.