Re: [gNewSense-users] I decided to abandon gNewSense

From: list
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] I decided to abandon gNewSense
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 22:10:48 +0200

Am Dienstag, dem 19. Mai 2009 schrieb Patrick DeBoard:

> Without the ability to play
> videos on the internet, I don't see how gNS would ever be accepted as a
> mainstream OS and software package, but I've been wrong before.

The people at Mozilla are working on a free solution for video in browsers.
They are building an Ogg Theora player right into the browser.
This will be available in any Mozilla-based browser,
including IceCat and Epiphany. It will probably be available in the
second half of this year.

So let's hope, the websites will follow and offer their videos in
Ogg Theora format...

For webdesigners:
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/HTML/Element/Video
But a normal link to the Ogg Theora file will also work.

But those who want to restrict their users deliberately will probably
not use it. Downloading is always possible with this solution.

--
AKFoerster