[gNewSense-users] Launchpad licensed under AGPL v3.0: Consequences for g

From: Eric Morey
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Launchpad licensed under AGPL v3.0: Consequences for gNS?
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:19:26 -0400

Launchpad's weblog announces that 100% of the Launchpad code is now
libre licensed under the GNU Affero General Public license, version 3.

http://blog.launchpad.net/general/launchpad-is-now-open-source:
> We released it today under the GNU Affero General Public license,
> version 3. Note that although we had previously announced that we’d be
> holding back two components (codehosting and soyuz), we changed our
> minds: they are included — all the code is open.

Images are "traditionally" copyrighted and trademarks will be enforced.

https://dev.launchpad.net/Getting:
> The images/icons are still copyrighted traditionally, to protect
> Launchpad's visual identity. But they're shipped with the code and are
> fine to use for development and testing purposes. Just if you launch a
> production server, it needs to look different -- and have a different
> name, of course, as "Launchpad" is a trademark.

Slashdot has picked up the story:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/mxo4pe

Should gNewSense consider using Launchpad for development and bug
tracking? Would the FSF interested in hosting a launchpad server? Does
this matter to gNewSense?

It seems like the world is a step closer to an Ubuntu and gNewSense
equivalency...

Eric...