Re: [gNewSense-users] Vrms Comments

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Vrms Comments
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:48:53 -0400

On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 07:11 +0100, Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
wrote:
> Ted Smith wrote:

> nice one ted
> >
> > RMS would certainly not agree with (much of) this output.
>
> some guy called ompaul made a comment about it on the web page pointing
> out that we kind of IGNORE IT COMPLETELY but it seems he was wrong.. ;-)
>
> MOST of us ignore it. ;-)

Actually, there's a long history (going back to Gobuntu) of trying to
reform VRMS. It's never really taken off.

All it would take is a small bit of ubuntu-ization to make the behavior
correct in Ubuntu (which uses the FSF designation of freedom) and
gNewSense. Nobody wants to write the perl code, I guess. ;-)