Re: [gNewSense-users] runlevel 3 don't work

From: Richard
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] runlevel 3 don't work
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 22:25:05 +0100

On Do, 2010-01-07 at 00:07 +0300, Dmitry Samoyloff wrote:
> Richard wrote:
> > And i will write nvidia about this problem.
>
> Which NVidia chip you have? It's maybe too "fresh" and not supported yet by
> 2D-only 'nv' driver, so you are getting a text console instead of X.

I think i have a GeForce 9400 GT, but i am now at home and can't look at
the bill.

I don't know how i can find out, if the 2D-only 'nv' driver is on my
computer the actually used driver. I must first try to find where i can
see that.

Hole day on work on computer, now i don't want to investigate any more
for today.

But thank you for your pointer, to look first to 2D-only 'nv' driver,
before trying the rest.

Greets
Richard