Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 6

From: Eric Padman
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 6
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 23:19:10 +1300

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 11:55 +0530, Karunakaran .M wrote:
> I want to have a pdf to djvu converter.
>
> I tried to load 'pdf2djvu' by selection from 'Synaptic Package
> Manager' but this is not listed.
>
> Please post whether any of the following is a free software by our FSF
> definition of 'free software':
>
> 1. http://pdf2djvu.googlecode.com/files/pdf2djvu_0.6.0_i386.deb
>
> 2. http://pdf2djvu.googlecode.com/files/pdf2djvu_0.6.0.tar.gz

<snip>

The website and the COPYING file inside the tar.gz specify that it is
licensed under version 2 of the GPL, indicating that it is free
software.

pdf2djvu is not in the repositories for gNewSense 2.3 as it is based on
Ubuntu 8.04 which does not have it. The upcoming gNewSense 3 will
include pdf2djvu in the repositories as it is to be based on Debian
Lenny which does.

Cheers,
Eric Padman (MentalNotes)