[gNewSense-users] suggestion to include pppoe and console-cyrillic into

From: Vladimir B. Tsarkov
Subject: [gNewSense-users] suggestion to include pppoe and console-cyrillic into basic iso
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 12:22:48 +0300

Hello!

Due to the fact that many russian Internet users establish their
Internet-connection with pppoe (in my hometown most of them), I suggest
to include pppoe into the basic gnewsense iso image. This way the
Internet will work out of box, and it will probably increase the number
of gnewsense users from Russia.

Besides, in gnewsense 2.3 there are problems with cyrillics in console.
The problem can be solved by installation of console-cyrillic and
running /usr/bin/cyr -e NEEDED_ENCODING. So, I also suggest to include
into the basic distribution the console-cyrillic package. That is one
more way to appeal users from Russia.

Both packages are quite small in size, so, I hope, their inclusion is
not going to be a problem.

Good luck!
Vladimir