Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 41, Issue 27

From: Vladimir B. Tsarkov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 41, Issue 27
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:04:40 +0300

Hello!

> Dear devolopers / users/ maintainers of FREE SOFTWARE,
>
> This call from a user is appropriate at this time.
>
> As a gNewSense user, I believe that we must propogate this idea of
> using FREE SOFTWARE to all new users of PC with full effort so that
> gNewSense will become the 'de-facto' standard for any PC (new or old).
>
> Something has to be done effectively to see the light of it.
> All ideas must be thrown to our forum so that the ideal can be
> achieved faster!

For old computers and Command_Line_Interface_Lovers I suggest to
include into the gnewsense distribution the following features:

1) Comfortable CLI environment on LiveCD: mc, screen, mpd, pppoe,
console-cyrillic.

2) A script to remove gdm (IMHO, this set of programs eats to much
resources and works quite unstable) and install lightweight
Desktop_Environment_Independent software alternatives to Gnome's
programs (not to forget about a light display manager like ion2, twm,
or fluxbox).

--
Good luck!
Vladimir

Please, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.