[gNewSense-users] Re: development libraries

From: MK
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: development libraries
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 08:30:22 -0500

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 00:26:43 -0500
address@hidden wrote:
> I have limited understanding of Apt sorting, but you might see if you
> have the source code repositories listed as well as the main binary
> repos.  I would be inclined to think that the -dev headers would
> belong in the binary repo, however, so there may be another reason.

I suppose that is it -- unfortunately there is *zero info* on
repositories on the gnewsense site!

But this is based on ubuntu 8.04 right, so I can guess I can just
import packages from there.   Altho that seems to defeat the
purpose somewhat.

> Are you perhaps looking for libglib2.0-dev? Development libraries are
> sometimes hard to find, so you have to be persistent and creative. :)

I doubt that is the problem -- just doing "apt search dev" turns up
next to nothing.  If by "hard to find" you mean, not listed or
unavailable, I guess hard it will be.

Never had any problems like this on any other debian derived system I
have worked on, and there have been a few.  I'm a programmer and do a
lot of source building, never had any problem finding dev libs with
apt.  At all.

--
MK <address@hidden>