Re: [gNewSense-users] Lemote idles... how to kill processes?

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Lemote idles... how to kill processes?
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 19:46:22 +0100

Federico Bruni wrote:
sometimes Lemote enters 'a idle state' because of some application running
and the solution i've found so far is keeping pressed the power button
(shame on me) until it shuts down.

Are you saying that it freezes completely? Is that with a specific application?

There have been reports in the past about freezes with heavy disk or network activity. There's also a bug in the CPU that can be triggered in some occasions. Working around that bug requires recompiling our packages, which won't happen for metad.

I got the impression that chances of freezes are smaller with newer kernels. Search for packages starting with "linux-image" and see if installing a higher version helps.