Re: [gNewSense-users] Messages Appearing in Terminal

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Messages Appearing in Terminal
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:49:36 +0100

Paul Roge wrote:
Hello,

I receive this message printed on my terminal screens about every 15
minutes: "rt18187: rt18187 open process failed because radio is off"

and this one about every half hour: "diff = 10000 >= 10000 buf_bytes"

Also, when the network is connecting, i get messages such as:
"ADDRCONF (NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link is not ready..."

I have to clear the screen every time. How to get rid of this
behavior?

I saw those messages too until not so long ago. Maybe they went away because I stopped using NetworkManager. Alternatively, you could disable all low level messages, but that has some side effects [1].

[1] http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-dev/2009-12/msg00283.html