Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense MetaD with LVM

From: Graziano
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense MetaD with LVM
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:30:42 +0100

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:43:19 +0200, Ivaylo Valkov <address@hidden> wrote:
Sam Geeraerts:
Nic wrote:
> I would like to know why is it that there are those architectures available
> for metad and are being continually updated?

metad was meant to be the next gNewSense release (with support for i686,
amd64 and mipsel), but that didn't work out.

I suppose the main reason was not enough people. Could that change if
there were people to support i686 and amd64? Is the discussion about
this decision available in the mailing list archives?

No it was because in the meantime Debian released another stable version (Debian 6 "Squeeze").

gNewSense 3.0 will be based on that and will support i386, amd64 and mipsel.

Support for other archs is possible if enough people will commit to maintain them.

--
Graziano Sorbaioli
gNewSense Community Manager