Re: [gNewSense-users] Parkes Freedom Verification

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Parkes Freedom Verification
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 10:05:07 +1000

On Thu, 26 May 2011 18:57:30 +0100
"Paul O'Malley" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thursday 26 May 2011 18:13:51 Jason Self wrote:
> > I'm running a FOSSology instance [1] to scan the repository and
> > verify that everything is free software.
> >
> > All of the "A" packages [2] completed this morning, and I've filed
> > the first bug report [3] using the information that FOSSology
> > provided. More are coming as it found several packages with

> > [3] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?33408

> Interesting
>
> Anyone like to contact the debian file packager.

We have a page on filing freedom bugs in the wiki now - might need more
work, but its a start.
http://www.gnewsense.org/BugForwarding/LearningResources

> On i386 the file is now GPLed somewhere along the way I am sure a
> conversation too place with:
>
> Paolo Severini address@hidden

When did this happen? atp was last updated in debian during 2006:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/atp.html

> However the "copyright" file in ~/atp-1.2/debian
>
> This package was put together from sources obtained at:
>   sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/system/printing/atp-1.2.tar.gz
> by Hamish Moffatt <address@hidden>
>
> there are some even more interesting comments in
> changelog for the same version
> lots of comments and bugs closed
>
> my interest here is why does
> apt-get source on i386 debian differ from mipssel

It doesnt, at least according to the packages page:
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/atp
thanks,
kk

--