Re: [gNewSense-users] icecat problems

From: Snoopys Woodstock
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] icecat problems
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 20:28:15 +0100 (BST)

Snoopys Woodstock wrote:
>> What warning do you get for cookies?
>
> The warning comes on nearly every website. It's a bar wich opens upsite the brower's website window.

Both the "modified link" and "block cookies" messages come from GNUzilla's Privacy Extension. They're features.

OK but this feature isn't activated.

The first warns you that the page contains links that direct you to something different than what you see in the status bar when you hover over the link. The second warns that the website may be using cookies to track you.

Thanks for your time to inform me about this.

> For which website(s) do you get the crashes? What does the big window look like?
>
> On Yahoo.de for example. I've added attachments.

That looks like a bug in Linterna Magica. See if the problem goes away if you disable that add-on.

Right, the crashed script message is away also the window.
Thanks a lot.