[gNewSense-users] Help needed in basics and installation of gNS on my Ye

From: Snoopys Woodstock
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Help needed in basics and installation of gNS on my Yeeloong
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 20:32:00 +0100 (BST)

I'm trying to install gNewSense on my Yeeloong and I'm using the PDF introdution from here -> http://www.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS
It was a hard fight at the very beginning (page5) . First I have to tell, that I've installed gNewSense on a Computer with the live CD. There's a Win partion too but I don't use it anymore. Win is what I use on a seperate computer. So you also know that the Yeeloong comes with a GNU/Linux distribution.
1. Q: I can't write on the USB Stick because I don't have root access to it. Do I realy have to do everything with this Terminal? I hope not, because I like the easy way and for a win user wich I was before is the gui the easy way.
2. Q: Should I prefer another way of installation? An easier one.

I won't give up as long as you help me :) further questions will follow ;)