Re: [gNewSense-users] Is Debian now fully free?

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Is Debian now fully free?
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 09:27:01 +0100

> Is Debian now fully free if we exclude contrib and non-free?

It contains packages recommending nonfree software, so it's not FSDG.
There were packages under the original Artistic License which Debian
considers free and FSF nonfree, but I don't know if they are still
included in Squeeze.

> Is there a GnewSense version that is based on testing?

Parkes is based on Debian Squeeze which is stable, there are no "newer"
versions.

> Is it possible to make a GnewSense Freedombox version for i32? Any pointers?

What is "i32"?  I don't know anything technical about Freedombox.