Re: [gNewSense-users] The installer failed to download a file ...

From: Lars Noodén
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] The installer failed to download a file ...
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 18:40:37 +0300

On 1/15/12 7:28 PM, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> Lars Noodén wrote:
>> Thanks.  What is a good work-around?  The installation I have already
>> still works, but I need to swap in new storage media and thus do a fresh
>> install.
>
> Did you try the debootstrap procedure:
> http://www.gnewsense.org/Documentation/DebootstrappingGNewSense3 ?

The installer still fails [1], so I'm giving debootstrap another try.
There's several divergences between the instructions and the actual
situation.

Notably the instructions show one kernel, but apt-cache in the chroot
being built shows kernel images with *-malta, *-cobalt, *-bmc91250a, or
*-bmc-91480b to choose from.  The working system I am installing from
uses *-libre1.  How do I get the right kernel for the Yeeloong?

Regards,
/Lars

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?32865