Re: [gNewSense-users] Nvidia support for gNewSense v 2.3

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Nvidia support for gNewSense v 2.3
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 11:43:06 +0200

Hello Bill and Daniel!

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 06:03:05PM -0700, William Stahl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have very limited experience with computers. Know a few dos commands and
> that is about it. My son Daniel (11 years old) is very quick to figure
> things out but is confused with ethics some what. So to help understand
> ethics and because I have always admired Opensource and Openhardware
> movement I have helped him install gNewSense.
>
> We would like to know how to get gNewSense to use the full pixel density of
> the HP display. How do we go about doing this. Thanks ~ Daniel and Bill his
> dad

I know this may not be a solution to your problems, but I'd like to recommend
performing an installation of the most recent beta:
http://beta.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/installer/current/i386/netboot/mini.iso
This is minimal iso image which will allow you to install gNewSense 3.0 Parkes
over the net. I think your graphics card will work correctly on this system.

Since this beta is really stable and usable, you can continue your quest for
freedom.

The installation may take some time but it will be experience, for sure.
--
Marek Buras
cyfr0n (at) sdf !dot org