Re: [gNewSense-users] Wireless adaptor problem

From: Hugh Mayfield
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Wireless adaptor problem
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 21:42:33 +0000 (UTC)

Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 22:27:12 +0200
From: Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Op Wed, 2 Oct 2013 17:32:31 +0000 (UTC)
schreef Hugh Mayfield <address@hidden>:

I'm trying to get a Sumvision SVW311M USB wireless adaptor working
under GNewSense.  It isn't detected by the live DVD.  I've got as far
as establishing from lsusb that it uses a Ralink RT5370 chipset but
I'm not sure what to do next.

According to h-node [1] it's not compatible with free software. The
FSF's hardware endorsement program [2] lists some wifi devices that can
be used with free software.

Oh OK, thanks Sam.

Hugh

[1] http://h-node.org/wifi/view/en/571/RT5370