Re: [gNewSense-users] Marketing Suggestion: Put up a We b page aboutgNew

From: kpb
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Marketing Suggestion: Put up a We b page aboutgNewSense
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 22:13:48 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Harry and all

I've edited the page to include some of your suggestions, thanks for the
feedback, very valuable.

>- You could also note that users can upgrade their web browser to
>Iceweasel 17 easily via <http://mozilla.debian.net/> (choosing oldstable,
>iceweasel, esr).

I decided not to mention backports. I need to read up on apt-pinning so as not
to end up with the backported kernels when upgrading!

>> I suggest as many that can put a page up somewhere so we can get more
>> visibility.
>>
>> Perhaps use 'usesthis.com' as a template?
>
>Hm. Interesting that the software that powers usesthis.com is free
>software: <https://github.com/waferbaby/usesthis/> I'll try to run it on
>my gNewSense webserver when I get home. Could be a good idea.

I was thinking more of possible fodder for the gNewSense blog, or perhaps us
all just putting pages up following the same headings as usesthis does for
their 'interviews'. I wasn't suggesting yet another Web site to maintain unless
people really want to. 'GNUses This' could be a good thing to have though.

A page about the Yeelong would be of interest as well.

--
cheers