[gNewSense-users] Sound not working?

From: Patrick Lea
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Sound not working?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 06:25:46 +0000

I was surprised that almost everything worked for normal usage apart from adjusting screen brightness and sound on my laptop.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix the sound issue.

I'm using Windows 7 by default and currently am using the Microsoft sound driver.

The original sound driver comes from VIA but after I reformatted Windows 7,  I couldn't install it as the drviers were not digitally signed.

Thank you for reading till the end.