[gnokii-users] Pawel's flaming and my signoff [WAS: Re: CVS update]

From: Jan Kratochvil
Subject: [gnokii-users] Pawel's flaming and my signoff [WAS: Re: CVS update]
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 02:58:22 +0100

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 11:52:45PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > 2.his voice is the main, although not always is the same to voice from
> > many other people (like during old flame wars - see posts from 2000)
>
> And what? He's right.

Just to get the appropriate opinion ratio of people around: I usually don't
agree with Pawel's opinions/decisions.

> Pawel is the maintainer. Live with it. (And he's doing good, BTW.)

Fixed according to request to similiar sentence by Pawel in some of our private
mail:
        "Pawel is doing the maintaining good in Pavel's opinion."

For example Pawel is in my opinion really the worst maintainer I've ever seen
in any of the opensource projects I met (and it was a big number of projects
I got involved during the years, either passively or even many times actively).

I am rating here just his cooperation and communicaton with anyone around
Gnokii (both the developers and users on the mailing list). I don't touch here
his coding skills in any way.

Anyway I was here loosing my time too long for now so I am going to unsubscribe
(for the second time...). I'll use the absolutely perfect quotation from Pavel
Janik: "I prefer to spend my time on things which are useful for the community."

All my past *Gnokii patches can be found on:

        http://short.vellum.cz/priv/gnokii/

There are two recent not yet applied myGnokii-derived sets of patches - READMEs
included for both of them. I've sent an e-mail regarding one of their part
(uClinux-compatibility) yesterday and nobody seems to be interested anyway.

There is also the old one (from November) Gnokii-derived patch which is
currently no longer applicable at all due to heavy patch conflicts.
Described in:
        http://www.roads.lut.ac.uk/lists/gnokii/2001/11/0078.html

I hope Marcin Wiacek gets more developers involved in his forked project.

Bye,
Jan "Lace" Kratochvil