RE: [gnokii-users] Re: CVS update

From: Marcin Wiacek
Subject: RE: [gnokii-users] Re: CVS update
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 14:21:15 +0200

Hi,

> My name may be plain simple, but definitely isn't 'Plain' ;-)
Sorry ;-)

> maintain it. And in my eyes Pawel does a very good job. Can't
> talk for Bozo, but as far as I understand him he can also
> live with what Pawel is doing.
[...]
> PS: I fully acknowledge Pavel's and Hugh's posts.
OK. So, how can you explain simply fact, that 0.4.0 is developed for 2
years and it doesn't have even so big functionality like 0.3.3 (0.3.4).
There is no clear plan available - there are new functions added, but
nobody thinks about making stable release soon. No fresh bugs list -
some docs are even 3 or 4 years old. This is not correct.

But please don't write: everything because writing it was complex,
difficult, because of lack of human resources - these are not arguments
(there were and are resources in mygnokii past and current team and it
was possible to make FULL 61xx/71xx support - simply, fast).

How do you explain dropping my patch3?

I fell like 10 years kid - there is everything checked: each char, each
line.

>From second hand: gnokii developers still ask many questions for me -
for example you about sniffing ? They don't ask Paweł. They don't use
his source (we return again to topic: why is each char checked ?).

I simply start to think now, Paweł simply doesn't agree, when he has to
change his opinion: I've tried to make win32 support. Now he used cygwin
and probably will not agree for changes for compatiblity with MSVC6
(like moving some gsm-sms.c things to gsm-encodind.c). I'm really start
to think it now.

I also see interesting fact, that gnokii developers don't start to give
arguments, that my words are not truth. Reasons can be two: I'm so
stupid man, who try to make something good (I try to be perfect in
everything) and nobody cares about it and I'm treat as ill man. Or they
can't answer for it, because IT'S truth.

I decided to try to make something because of your emails. Now I'm
waiting for answer from Hugh.

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (mailto:address@hidden,