Sms sender.

From: Giles Westwood
Subject: Sms sender.
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:49:57 +0100

I haven't spent much time playing with the features of gnokii or looking
at how it sends sms messages so I'm asking; Is there anyway of altering
the sent from element of a SMS message that is sent from a nokia phone?

Is the sentfrom part built from the sim card of the phone ?

I'd appreciate any pointers to which of the source files I should look
at.

I'd eventually like to integrate the sentfrom element into smsd so It
can be picked from a database.

All the best,

Giles.

Giles Westwood
I.T Undergraduate
Leeds University
The bigger the hard drive the faster I fill it.
the less space I have.
the more I need yet a bigger hard drive.