Re: DLL version of Gnokii for Win32

From: Feico de Boer
Subject: Re: DLL version of Gnokii for Win32
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:24:01 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pavel Machek" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 8:55 PM

> > > #if defined(WIN32)
> > > # ifdef GNOKIIDLL_EXPORTS
> > > #  define GNOKIIDLL_API __declspec(dllexport)
> > > # else
> > > #  define GNOKIIDLL_API __declspec(dllimport)
> > > # endif
> > > #else /* !WIN32 */
> > > # define GNOKIIDLL_API extern
> > > #endif /* WIN32 */
> >
> > I'd prefer s/GNOKIIDLL_API/GNOKII_API/
>
> And I'd prefer s/GNOKII_API/API/. We already know what project we are
> working on, right? [And we don't want Marcin to do MY_GNOKIIDLL_API
> ;-))))))))))))))]

Hmm, I would like to refrain from politics ... Originally the define was
generated by the Visual Studio environment and I didn't really pay attention
because it was for proof of concept only. Currently every GNOKIIDLL_API is
renamed to API.

Anyway, the intention for this mail is to give a status update with regard
to the Win32 DLL version. The reason, it has been a while since I submitted
anything regarding the subject.

What I have now:
- is a build tree that generates DLL and Gnokii app on VC++
- some simple config stuff for VC++ generates config.h (still need
config.win32.h)
- moved VC++ stuff into win32 directory (wasn't that hard after all)
- almost building tree on Linux (need to fix first, hence a reason for the
delay)

What I still want to do:
- fix Linux compile, I broke it (not seriously), so I must fix it first
- sync with latest updates (currently update date to 19/4/2002 10:00 AM CVS)
- check VC++ regular (no DLL) build
- check Cygwin build
- test VC, Cygwin and Linux builded vesions with phone (can only test on my
5110)

What I would like to do later:
- check (and if needed) fix MinGW building

If I can find the time, I hope to finish up by the end of the weekend.

To keep you guys informed.

Regards,
Feico