kannel + tls/ssl ?

From: Bostjan Muller
Subject: kannel + tls/ssl ?
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:07:11 +0200

Hi!

I know this might be off topic, but I think you are most likely to know
the answer.

I have installed kannel - the wap gateway, because I would like to use
secure wap connections. The ordinary connections (without tls) work just
fine, but when I try an secure connection the packets don't even reach
my gateway, and the connection times out.
These are the settings I used on my nokia 6210 mobile:
<cut settings>
homepage http:/wap.mobitel.si
connection type continuous
connection security on
bearer data
dial up number +38641181818
ip address ip.addr.of.my.kannel.gw
auth type normal
data call type ISDN
data call speed 14400
username prov_username
password prov_passwd
<cut settings>

If I change connection security to off everything works fine, but the
link is not secured. And the packages don't even seem to reach my
gateway if I do that - at least they don't appeare in the logs.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!

Regards/Lep pozdrav

Boštjan Müller