SMS Encryption

From: Marco Manyevere
Subject: SMS Encryption
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 17:13:33 +0200

Hi All,

I'm working on a client/server application that communicates financial
transactional information using SMS messages. Does anyone know how to
encrypt/decrypt SMS messages producing only printable ASCII characters but
without increasing the message size? Alternatively, what I can use is a
checksum attached to the clear text message that guarantees me that the
message and the checksum have not been modified in transit. Does anyone have
some ideas?

Regards,

Marco

---